Friday 7 June 2013

K9s in 3way

Hi guys,

the nice player JoMedici was asking to talk about a hand we played today and i think we can discuss it in this blog.


Holdem Manager No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed)

FISH ($29.62) 36/21/10 on 28 hands
Hero (BB) ($55.05)
UTG ($54.72)
Jo_Medici ($56.08) 16/12/2,6 on 1,2k hands
MP1 ($20.91)
MP2 ($50)
MP3 ($44.79)
CO ($50)
Button ($16.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
1 fold Jo_Medici bets $1.50, 5 folds, FISH calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) , , (3 players)
FISH checks, Hero checks, Jo_Medici bets $2.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.50) (2 players)
Hero checks, Jo_Medici bets $5.50, Hero raises to $15.50,  Jo_Medici calls $10

River: ($40.50) (2 players)
Hero bets $22.50 Jo_Medici raises to $36.58 (All-In), Hero calls $13.05 (All-In)

Total pot: $111.60 | Rake: $2.60

Results below:
Hero had , (flush, King high).
Jo_Medici had , (two pair, Queens and fours).
Outcome: Hero won $109




Preflop: I call because i can play a 3way pot and i am last to act on the flop + the fish is in the sandwitch, i get good odds because i m the bb and the reg got 15% openraise from early positions.

Flop: Good board to cbet for the reg, i guess he will cbet with 100% of his range. At this point i am not folding because of the flop, i got a gutshot + bdfd and the fish folded the hand. I decide to call because raising this board makes not that much sense because there are almost no draws out there.

Turn: I check to the preflop- and flopagressor and raise his 2nd barrel because i got K high with has no showdownvalue + gs + fd and can represent hands like 44, TT and QTs, not knowing that the turn paired the board. After i pushed the raise button i realized that my raise makes not that much sense because he is representing the overpair, in witch case i should not raise QT; its more unlikely to have 44 in my hand because another one cam on the board and the only hand that makes sense is now TT.

River: This is one of the few spots i get in every month one or two times when i have no clue what to do :)
 I mean, everything looks bad. Check/fold is possible but weak, since he should fold hands like AQ on the turn unless he sees that i got 13% raise cbet turn and called.
Blockingbet/fold is maybe the worst because he might push AA/KK or fold it. So i remembered Gus Hansen writing in his book (witch i never red but heard about it) that "when u have no idea what to do - bet or push"
So after all i think bet/call is the right move on the river since only QT, QQ, TT and 44 got me beat and these hands are most unlikely in his hand (they are in his range, but not likely in his hand).




There are maybe some missing hands in the ranges i give the people or what i expect the people give me but that are my thoughts:

Flop handranges: JoMedici: top 15%    FISH: top 36% - 50%

Turn handranges: JoMedici: AA KK QQ JJ TT 44 AQ KQ KJ AcXc QTs    i think he will put me on KQ KJ QTs TT 44

River Handranges: JoMedici: AA KK QQ TT 44 AQ QT AcXc    i think he will put me on TT KJ



6 comments:

  1. Nice Post.

    I added u to my roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. He NicoleOA,

    nice detailed post. Here my thoughts:

    Pre: Openraise AK obvious. I think with Fish in Blinds my Range is here 20%+X.

    Flop:
    I put the Fish on a wide 30% Range, which hits the board (Gutshots included) approx. 40% of the time.

    I put Nicole on 22-99 (TT+ i would assume he squeezes); SC, Suited Broadways, Some Suited One Gappers T8s+. Vs this Range my Fold Equity isn´t great, but i have a lot possibilities on the turn and river.

    I dont cbet my entire Range. I want at least 4 Outs to beat a Q. I am not sure i bet 89 there, just with BDFD. I guess my FE on the Flop is 25-35%. So i need at least 15% Pot Equity.

    Turn: One of the funniest Cards on the Deck, because in my world :-), i celebrate that i will win the money. A mistake a poker player shouldn´t do.. After the Flop Call, i put Nicole on KJ, J9, QT, QJ+, 44, A4s with BDFD, Tx with BDFD, Gutshots with BDFD, no TT, no QQ because of the expected Sqeeze pre.

    The 4 in clubs changes everything. Tx with BDFD doesnt improves, becasue the T is in clubs and the Turn is in clubs. QT is beaten by KK, AA --> can just bluff catch the Turn. 44 ist just one comobo now.

    So i bet to collect the money on the turn or river. Now, something happened i never expected. Nicole checkraises and represents "pocket-air"... :-) I tanked and put Nicole an KcJc, Jc9c, Kc9c, Jc8c.. In Play i forgot that he could turn a blank Q or a blank T in a Bluff, which makes it much more interesting. So could shoving the Turn be the best play? Not really, because i dont will push anything and Nicole should call with Tx my shove. He really will do?

    I decided to call with pot odds of 25%, i think its ok. And i really look quite strong here, uncaped. So the bet frequency (bluffs and value) on the river should be less than 75%, which makes my call profitable.

    River: The BDFD comes on the Board. Not the best card for me, but it makes any Q a full house. After my Turn Call i have still a wide range: Qx, KK+, QT, QQ, TT, 44, (i would call Tx too sometimes, because Nicole represents nothing) some strange things (KJ, J9, AK?) In play i made a mistake, i tanked 20-30sec, that really looked strange. I raised all-in 22 to 36, pot now 109, Nicole has to call 14 for 95. I thougt, he only will call with a Q or better because i shove in 99/100 :-) cases only Qx or better. I think on NL50 you are 1 to 20 good with a call.

    In the first second i dont understood his call, but now i think my 30sec. tanking on the river looked so weared that Nicole doesnt believed my story. He was right. Congrats :-)

    What a hand. Something like Overthinking with Re-Adjustment.

    Regards Jo_Medici

    ReplyDelete
  3. tanks for the big feedback.
    i thought u will cbet this board with any hand because its dry and a reg is in the hand. i have to call the river because i get great odds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and btw u should not rethink spots like that witch come every 2 weeks. i try to focus on things that effect my greenline the most and then go to the things who matter less. some people asking me "what to do if utg openraise, mp 3b and you are on button with KK/AA" - i mean these spots happen not often enought to waste time to make the play more +ev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cbet with 22 isn´t profitable, i dont like your flop call that much. I think you never ever have the odds to call the river, and i dont understand your bet on the river, because nothing pays you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. the fish is in the squeeze and the handrange from the reg in the bb is extreme weak, i would cbet with any2. but i think there is not a big difference between cbetting and not cbetting since its a 3way pot and your foldequity is not that big.

    ReplyDelete